Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 56 summary/translation part 2

Back in the States! I'm going to post about my Japan trip later. For now I'll continue the summary of chapter 56, and I'm going to use the Japanese raws kindly found by Paige: http://www.soulsnpirates.com/showthread.php?2669-Kimi-ni-Todoke-Chapter-56-RAW&p=283924&viewfull=1#post283924

They all get ready to take a class photo. Kazehaya taps Sawako on the shoulder and says, "over here".
Ayane and Chizu of course tease him
A: wo-w, hey, did you hear that?
C: "over here"
A: way to go
C: Kuronuma. you stand! next! to me!!
K: shut up!!
A: go on (pushes Sawako's shoulder lightly)
Sawako thinks that she's never been in a class photo like this one before...

After the class photo, Pin tells them to sight see the aquarium in their groups and meet at the bus at the designated time. He then asks the guide if she'll go look at the manatees with him. They're all having fun, Sawako's taking pictures.
K: Kuronuma!
K: There are jinbee sharks over there!
S: wow-
Kazehaya takes a picture of her
S: wah, did you just take a picture of me?
K: yup. oh, here comes a shark! smile--
Sawako gets tense, Kazehaya laughs at her. She says she's not used to being the subject of photos (there's a bunch of text but this slide is very blurry...)
Sawako thinks how she hasn't taken any photos of Kazehaya yet, because she's too nervous. She thinks to take one, and he looks right at her.
S: wah! you're looking over here!
K: yeah, of course!
S: yes, you're right..
K: yay. (peace sign)
Sawako takes a photo of K. Classmates are all having fun, Sawako thinks that she's happy to be able to create so many nice memories.There are a series of shots of her staring at Kazehaya (no text) who is looking at the fish, and she takes a photo of him. (it's quite poignant)
Later on the bus:
C: that was fun!
S: I took a lot of pictures
C: ooh, let me see, let me see! ahahaha, look at Joe's face in this one!
A: want to see ours too?
S: yes! I do, I do!
Sawako tears up seeing how she shows up in so many of Ayane's photos
C: ahaha, Sawako, your eyes are as big as saucers here. look, Yanochin is refusing to touch the sea slug!
S: ahaha, my eyes are half closed in this one.
Sawako thinks how she will remain in the memories of her friends too
Later they're all outside doing a little more sightseeing and Pin sees somebody with a sun umbrella and starts talking to her
P: what a beautiful ocean, huh
P: Wah!? you're Yano!! What are you doing with a sun umbrella! Hey!
A: shut up~ I'm fighting UV rays. Do you even have to be hitting on girls in Okinawa?
Later at the hotel:
C:  today is just a day for having fun - it's great. I think I may have been looking forward to today the most! We went to the aquarium, had pineapple, and now the hotel's private beach!
A: that means it's only down hill from here
C: gasp! you're right!
C: our free time tonight is nice too. private beach~
A: that's right. Yogicchi and I have plans to meet there.
C: so raunchy~
A: what are you talking about
C: Sawa, you're hanging out with us, right
S: yup
They hear footsteps and turn around. It's Kurumi being chased by a guy.
K: gosh, just give up already! you're so annoying!
guy: your angry face is so cute too
K: don't follow me!
G: I'm heading to the private beach too! what a coincidence
K: then I'm not going!
G: oh wait up! you're so fast!
Chigusa appears with a notepad and pen and tells them that since Kurumi has been showing her true personality (cold/mean) she's picked up a new fan base. She's already been confessed to 8 times, and has been hit on 5 times
C: wah, when did you get here! and your information is quite impressive
S: I wonder if we should help her out...
A: don't worry, he doesn't look dangerous
Sawako, Chizu, and Ayane are building a sand castle and chatting
C: Kurumi is popular as ever, huh
A: confessed to 8 times...and that's just by Chigusa's count - there could be more
C: shees, there's nobody in our class that's getting confessed to, right? Oh, Andy! but nobody else, right?
A: hey, what about me?!
C: oh yeah!
Joe: what are you talking about! You're forgetting your own childhood friend!
C: huh?
J: Ryuu was confessed to yesterday!
The three girls are shocked. Ryuu bonks Joe on the head.
J: Ow!
C: what? Is it true?
J: he turned her down immediately
C: whaat!
NEXT PAGE IS MISSING!!! GRR

Sawako and Kazehaya are smiling at each other and talking about how the ocean here is different from the one back home (whiter sand, bluer water). Sitting together, Sawako's dad saying, "take care of Sawako, take care, take care (echo)" pops into Kazehaya's head
Then his own dad saying, date with moderation! As long as you're a child unable to support yourself, you ought to date as children do!
K: ~~~argh, I KNOW!
S: wah~~I'm sorry!
K: what? oh, no! forget what I just said
A: What's going on over there?
Ken: they really get along, don't they~
A: oh (she sees Mogi)
M: oh, Yano-san!
M: we're still good for tonight?
A: yeah
M: our meeting spot...
A: yeah, that's fine
M: ok. see you later
he walks away being teased by his guy friends
Later at night, they make out...
Mogi says good night and walks to his room.
She's going back up the stairs, when Pin stops her, "what are you doing?"
She turns around and sees him with his hair down (kinda good looking), he apparently just took a shower.
P: It's almost lights out time. Go back to your room
A: ...............oh it's just you - Pin.
P what do you mean, "just me". I'm our great homeroom teacher
A: hah, yeah right. you're here as our leader and you're hitting on the tour guide.
P: what's that got to do with anything?!
Ayane thinks: in the world, there are just hopeless people like this guy
Pin is guzzling a beer.
A: hey
P: huh?
A: have you ever properly loved a woman?
P: what's this about? yeah, I have.
A: .....oh (looks a little shocked).
She runs off
P: what's her deal?
some guy: oh, it's Pin! Treat us something (juice!!)
P: Yeah right! You guys probably have more money than me!
This chapter ends with some shots of Yano running towards her room....


phew~ done. I wish I could see what Chizu said in response to news of Ryuu's being confessed to. We'll see when I get the raws from Haya5h1 for our scanlation~. I personally want the focus to be on them (and of course, Kazehaya/Sawako). I'm not the biggest fan of Pin (don't kill me!)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the summary. Glad you got back safely. I am looking forward to your post on Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love Shouta's dad advice. It's solid advice. Nevertheless, I would like a kiss sometime this year.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raws for chapter 57 are up on soulpirates. I can't post the link because I am typing this from my cell phone. The direct link was posted on the spoiler thread at mangafox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm home now so here is the link:

    http://www.soulsnpirates.com/showthread.php?2764-Kimi-ni-Todoke-Chapter-57-RAW

    ReplyDelete