Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 56 summary/translation

The summary for this chapter from the blog that I usually use for my summaries isn't up yet (probably due to the disaster currently going on in Japan right now - keep these people in your thoughts) so I'm using a different blog this time: http://ameblo.jp/happy-more/entry-10829426309.html


on the cover: in a different city than usual, new feelings are at work


Chizu: BOO! Good morning!
She throws the covers off Sawako. Sawako is frozen...some time lapses and then
S: oh yeah! the class trip!
C: took you long enough!
C: ok! wake up photo! (and she takes a photo of Sawako)
A: ugh, jeez you're so loud!
Sawako gets teary thinking, "from good night to good morning...and back to good night. This class trip is full of day to day occurrences"
C: heyyy, Yano chi~n [click]
she snaps a photo of Ayane
A: Don't take pictures of me! I'm just waking up!
Sawako is brushing her teeth in her pjs and thinking, "wow! when I wake up I'm in a hotel! The first things I see upon waking are my friends' faces! and then breakfast with everybody!"
She changes into her school uniform and walks out of her room, sees Kazehaya kun.
S: oh!
K: ....morning!
S's thinking continues, "and the guy I like"
S: ...good morning...!
K: did you sleep well?
S: actually no...I was too excited
K laughs: me too! we were all talking...actually to be more specific, Joe was being super loud.
Joe is actually still at it, causing a ruckus with the other guy students...C&A look over at him
A: he's always like that
C: yeah, definitely not just "last night"

They all leave the hotel and board the bus
guide: did everybody sleep well?
Pin: not when we're thinking about you
G (ignores Pin): well now we will head northward and shortly arrive at the Churaumi aquarium.
G: all the Okinawan bus guides, whether they're from the north region or the south region, return to their homes at the end of the day. I will not spend the night with you!
P: forget your rules!
A: eww, that gives me the shivers
Kento: despite the heat, eh, HAHAHAHA
S: oh, I actually brought a fan
C: ooh, you're so prepared
some guy: hey, Joe, why don't you do something
another guy: yeah, do something funny
guy: well that's not possible
Joe: HEY!
guy: since it's so hot, how about a naked dance
guide: that's not an option
Sawako offers (holding her fan, looking almost like a comedian): uh, ummmm, actually uh, I've prepared a ghost story?
C: what?! a ghost story?! (she hates them)
Everybody on the bus is in an uproar: Sadako's gonna tell a ghost story!? Does she always talk like that?
their friend Ekko: yeah! I wanna hear it!
Tomo: the day to hear her story is finally here!
Kento: I didn't know Sadako-chan was the type to tell ghost stories
A: no, that's the result of countless effort!
S: ...well then, here is "Sarayashiki"
students: huh, Sarayashiki?!
Sawako bows, sitting in the rakugo style (seiza) and begins her story in the rakugo style
Kento: hahaha, Ayane-chan's face is like a Noh mask (white and expressionless)
Kazehaya looks on, his face blushing and thinking, "try your best Kuronuma"
Ryuu watches Kazehaya and thinks, "Shouta....is it love?"


They've arrived at the aquarium and people getting off the bus are discussing how good Sawako's rakugo was and how, if you just listened, it was as if many different people were acting it out (she did many different voices), and she was funny...etc
She had intended for it to be a scary ghost story, but somehow it ended up being a rakugo show...
Kento: man, Sadako-chan, that was a good rakugo parody~

ok, the summary ends there, to be continued at a later date.
I'm actually travelling in Japan right now (yes, and quite safe) so it might take a while for the summary to be posted. Sorry for the delay.

13 comments:

  1. hey! I wasn't expecting a summary till you got back!:) Thanks so much!

    oh lordy, Sawako doing a ghost story rakugo style - that school rakugo club just might get off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the summary. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this summary.
    I hope that Sawako and Kazehaya will kiss in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the summary!!!!
    I'm glad you're well :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're doing okay :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. RAWS for Chapter 56: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1024774347

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are ok... be careful & take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to know that you are okay. Thanks a lot for the summary.

    Hugs and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Thank you thank you! Cant wait for the rest of the summary!

    And I'm glad that you're doing well there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the summary! Here are some Japanese Raws you can translate from as well, if you'd like.

    http://www.soulsnpirates.com/showthread.php?2669-Kimi-ni-Todoke-Chapter-56-RAW&p=283924&viewfull=1#post283924

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chapter 57 is out already! I have the link to the Chinese Raws! Ugh. I want to know what they are saying already!! I'm so impatient. :D


    http://dm.99manga.com/Comic/2733/

    ReplyDelete