Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 55 summary/translation

New chapter is out in Japan! This post is a translation of this summary: http://178kisaragi.seesaa.net/article/185281565.html  I don't know who this person is, but she is always so quick about getting the Japanese summary up online :)

Raws: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=999845969 (thanks to Ayamefan13 and Tati!)

on the plane heading to Okinawa,
Chizu holds out a piece of beef jerky. She tells Sawako to open up, and feeds her. Andy and Yui-chan are sitting near them and look very happy. Chizu looks a little envious and says, "Yui-chan wasn't able to confess at the festival, so I think she really had her heart set on this trip. I bet there were a lot of people who confessed or were confessed to during this trip."
Kazehaya calls out, "Kuronuma!" and holds out a pocky. Sawako, going with the earlier flow, eats it out of this hand, but then realizes he probably didn't intend for that and panics, "whoops? were you not...? oh no!" Kazehaya looks down with embarrassment and blushes: "uh, no problem..."

Chizu and Ayane head to the bathroom and on the way see the guy who confessed to Ayane (his name is either Mogi or Moteki). They talk about how they're looking forward to the trip and Chizu tactfully excuses herself, "I- I'm going ahead". Chizu runs into Kento who says, "aww they look happy. I thought ultimately Ayane-chan would end up with me." C: "when things go your way, does it usually happen all at once?" K: "yeah~ well, I guess it differs from person to person!"

the scene changes to the end of the last chapter...
the kid that confessed to Ayane: Please go out with me! I'm Motoki (or Mogi) from B class. I don't think you know who I am, but I'd like for you to get to know me little by little
Ayane immediately answers, "ok, let's go out!" Everybody else is very surprised!!

Sawako and Kazehaya kun are sitting across the aisle from each other and talking.
S: Kazehaya-kun, do you know Motoki-kun?
K: actually, not really. In junior high we were in different classes, so I don't really know what he's like...

Sawako thinks back...
at the shoes boxes on the way home, Chizu asks, "you're really going to date him?"
Ayane laughingly replies, "he seems interesting. In the past I've only dated older, really casual guys. He's pretty cute, and it might make the Okinawa trip more fun"
Sawako remembers Ayane's smile and thinks, it'll be fun! it'll be fun!!
She looks at everybody's excited faces, then turns to Kazehaya-kun and they smile at each other.

They arrive safely in Okinawa and it's hot! Everybody gets on the bus and heads to the hotel, but the bus guide that Pin introduces is very voluptuous and curvy and Pin looks a little nervous!
Sawako, Ayane, and Chizu are in the girls room. Sawako is putting away her luggage and Ayane says to her, "did you bring the underwear you bought the other day?!"
S: yup, I brought it. it's not too showy is it? It's my first underwear that's not cotton...
C: yeah, it's shiny and smooth! so cute!

Ayane and Chizu head to the gift shop and find Kazehaya kun there too.
Ayane whispers to Kazehaya, "we went shopping the other day with Sawako and bought new underwear for the trip"
Kazehaya is aghast: "that's nice..." (why are you telling me this!!!!)
Chizu whispers: Sawako bought a string bikini
Kazehaya is blushing furiously and says, "again, why are you telling me this!"
Sawako has finished changing and arrives, "Sorry to keep you waiting~"
Kazehaya is blushing even harder and threatens C&A: "you better not say anything to anybody else!"
Sawako is wearing a hoodie and pants
K: I've never seen you not wearing a skirt before!
S: I wanted to be able to move around easily. is it weird?
K (still blushing): no, it's not weird!
people around them are murmuring "Sawako is wearing clothing with prints on them. Is it because she has a boyfriend now?
S: is this too flashy?
classmates: no, not at all
She appears to be very at home amongst her classmates.
Ayane and Chizu look on, grinning.
Kazehaya watches Sawako fretting over her appearance and thinks to himself, "idiot! why do you have feel so aware** of her!"
Ryuu to K: you feeling aware of her?
K: no!
Kazehaya is blushing hard again.
**ishiki suru means to be very aware of the opposite sex. In this case Kazehaya can't help himself thinking about Sawako as a girl. It's slightly less sexual than being turned on. quite awkward.

The three girls are chatting in the bath together
A: you know, cute underwear isn't just for yourself
C: yeah it is, you wear it to pump yourself up
A: you say that now because you don't have any other reason
S: wow, grown up talk...!!
A: I have plans to meet up with Motoki-kun tomorrow night, and we're going to spend the free time together. Sawako, you should too with Kazehaya.
C: w- what about me--?!!
A: Chizu......you have Ryuu
C: aw, is this how it's gonna be?! oh well~~!
S: this is girl talk time right? There's actually something I've been wanting to ask you, Ayane-chan...when did you start to like Motoki-kun?!
silence.
C: what?! you like him now? since when?!
Ayane looks uncomfortable
A: there's no need to announce it. we're already dating, aren't we?
C: always this! you never talk about yourself!
A: ok ok! from now on, I'll report everything
Sawako and Chizu are feeling faint from the steam and get out of the bath
Ayane stays back and appears to be deep in thought

They head to the vending machines for a drink and run into Ryuu and Kazehaya kun. Ryuu hands Chizu a coke, but she refuses saying, "I'll choose for myself!" She thinks for a minute then takes Ryuu's coke anyway.
R: you can buy me ice cream tomorrow!
C: hey! that's more expensive!
Sawako sees Kazehaya's damp hair and is dokidoki, happy to see this everyday side of him.
K: what about you, Kuronuma?
S: sanbincha. oh, here's 150yen
K laughs: this happened before too
S: what...? oh, the canned coffee!!
K: here you go, on me! (hands her the tea)
S: thanks!
Kazehaya blushes, Ayane looks on.

In the guys room, Kazehaya, Jo-, and Ryuu are talking
J: so how far have you gone with Sadako? Have you kissed her yet? you've held her hand right
K: hey, shut up!!
J: Andy has a girlfriend now too. and I haven't even kissed anybody yet. I thought maybe I'd kiss Yano at some point. oh, why'd she get a boyfriend anyway?!
K: what? you were serious about Yano?
J: well, no, not exactly...
K: Jo- you're horrible
J: Ryuu, Ryuu, you're with me right. But seriously, what kind of things do you do with Sadako?
K: Leave me alone!!!
They hear a knock on the door.
"Ryuu~ it's the girls from class C!!!"
Kazehaya looks very surprised! (remember, Sawako, Chizu, Ayane are in class D)

Sawako, Chizu, Ayane are in their room chatting.
zoom in on the tea Kazehaya kun bought for Sawako.
end


whoa~~~ some girl has her sight set on Ryuu~~~~ watch out Chizu!!
My guess is that Ayane is going to break up with her boyfriend, because she's going to realize she doesn't truly like him the way Sawako-Kazehaya like each other.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the ridiculously fast translations!! (2 days before the actual publication date, whoah!!!)

    I can't help but feel worried that some girls other than Sawako&co are entering the boy's room, epic cliffhanger much?

    And the physical attraction between Shouta and Sawako are increasing!! Aw, seriously, Kazehaya being all cuddly-blushy with her is absolute adorrrrbzzz. Sawako in her hoodie should be really cute!

    I really hope that Ayane takes this guy seriously... since he seems to be serious about her as well. She's never had a wholesome(?) relationship before, so maybe this is a healthy change?

    Can't wait for the raws, keep up the great work Sisyphus! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you !!!!!!!!! maybe our long wait for the kiss is going to end ...even if the best thing is the waitig itself ... Kazehaya *.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH for this!!! Total opposite of what's going on right now in the anime world.

    I love this new development in Sawako and Kazehaya's relationship. Not much POV from Sawako, but Kazehaya's POV made up for that. He's getting more and more... and more aware of how innocent Sawako is. SO CUTE!!! Be strong, Kazehaya!!! LOL! xD

    Kinda bugged out about Chizu's response with re: to Ryuu. I do hope this new girl who'll enter into the picture will help get things going with Chizu's "blurry" feelings.

    So, it's now time for Ayane to concentrate and do some reflections on her love life. I really do hope we et to know more of Motoki-kun.

    And now it's time for the RAWS!!! Does Kazehaya imagine Sawako's outfits???? HAHAHA! xD

    THANKS, again!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, from just holding hands to new underwear, they are going quite fast now. It feels a little off in my opinion.
    Ayane having a boyfriend threw me too, last chapter ended with the guy's confession and now they are already dating.
    It feels as if the writer from the manga wants to fast-forward the story, it's not flowing as nicely as before.
    But I am very happy that you transtlated so fast, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually think it flows pretty well...yes, Kazehaya is teased about the underwear, but Sawako has no idea about it, and it's not going to progress beyond teasing for a while. And about Ayane, it appears that she generally dates very casually, and her agreeing to date the guy on the spot is consistent with her tendency. I think Ayane's going to reform her ways though - remember how at the afterparty on the beach she was looking down on Sawako and Kazehaya together and saying that she was envious of them, and Sawako's innocent question in this chapter (asking Ayane when she started liking Motoki) is making her think about whether she should be dating somebody she doesn't particularly like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sysphus on this one. Going underwear shopping is just a girly thing to do and Sawako wanted to go out and shop with the girls. The only reason Kazehaya even knows about it is because Ayane and Chizu were teasing him. They're both as innocent as ever <3

    I'm glad Ayane's getting some screen time! I think what she really wants is a relationship liek Sawako's and Kazehaya's, so I hope she finds it soon with a guy she actually likes. But I don't want her to break Mogi's heart, he seems so nice. :/

    I'm not as worried about the girl from Class C as I should be, only because I can tell Ryuu is completely devoted to Chizu, regardless of whether she realises or not. "I only love Chizu" <-- So I'm going to find my hope in that. I kinda want to see Chizu get protective of Ryuu, though..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the translation! I like how the story is progressing. I also think that we will get to know of some Ayame's personal story, like her liking someone in the past and being hurt and thus dating guys without having special feelings now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving these new developments. Sisyphus, I completely agree with your explanation above about S/S and Ayane. I don't think the flow is off. You've just made my weekend with this summary. :D

    By the way, how often is Kimi Ni Todoke released? I've been looking for this information since last weekend and I still haven't found the answer. Is it a monthly release?

    Thanks for the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yup, Kimi ni Todoke is released monthly in Betsuma (Shueisha), usually the 12th or so. A japanese summary can be found online usually by the 11th (I have no idea how) and I get the translation up that day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the answer, Sisyphus and thanks for sharing your summaries with us. I, for one, am very grateful to get these updates as the chapters are released in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just noticed, Kazehaya's back to calling her 'Kuronuma' again -__-

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Paige Ng: I remember reading from the previous chapter that the two of them call each other by their first names when they're alone. They're probably still getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found the raw for this chapter (after looking a lot lol]: http://pic2.sfacg.com/AllComic/398/055/

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ayamefan13, thanks for the link to the raw.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Raw : http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=999845969

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sisyphus is travelling, so here's the link for the chapter 55 scanlation with Sisyphus' translation:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m2u3r0q2to0461k

    ReplyDelete