Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 54 summary/translation

The newest chapter is one in which Sawako and her classmates get ready for their big trip to Okinawa!
This summary is a translation of http://178kisaragi.seesaa.net/article/180367981.html
Raws (courtesy of Editpaiige): http://comic.veryim.com/manhua/zhixianggsn/ch_54.html

cover page: Kazehaya standing alone in the snow "~looking up at the snowy sky, taking in a deep breath~"

the start of the second semester. Looking forward to the class trip to Okinawa!!

Sawako, Chizu, and Ayane are talking excitedly about their trip. Apparently Sawako wants a "sheesa-" (sorry, I have no idea what this, I'll find out when I see raws).
Sawako says to her friends, let's take a lot of pictures! and her mind is full of everybody together, learning, eating, sleeping, taking pictures...
S: all of us are together the who-le time! 4 nights, 5 days!
C&A: Kazehaya too! (teasing)
They enter the classroom and Kazehaya says they're picking groups now! Sawako happy again.
Chizu and Ayane watch them and discuss how they're still the same, Kazehaya could at least call her by her name, let's try to get the two of them alone during the trip, maybe there will be some progress (scheming).
Kento interrupts Sawako and Kazehaya - "hey, when the two of you are alone, do you call each other by your names?"
K: what's it to you, jeez!
Kento: I heard through the grapevine that you've both already met each other's parents
K: how the heck do you know?!
K: puh-lease, my gossip network is as good as any girl's.
Now the whole class knows that Sawako and Kazehaya have met each other's parents.

Kazehaya, Sawako, Ayane, Chizu, Ryuu, Joe, and Andy have decided to be group 2 together.
Chizu and Ryuu greet each other like normal, but Chizu thinks to herself that things have been a little awkward between them since the hand-holding-at-the-beach incident.

Sawako thinks (as usual) that she better volunteer to be group leader (so that nobody else needs to feel obligated to take on this responsibility) but Kazehaya taps her on the shoulder and says that he'll be group leader. Sawako is happy that Kazehaya was able to read her thoughts and asks him if it's ok that she wait for him while he has his group leader meeting. K: sure! Kento and Ayane look on and happily agree that they seem like a real boyfriend-girlfriend couple.
While Sawako is waiting for Kazehaya, Ayane and Chizu invite her to look at an Okinawa guide book with them, and the three girls start to walk down the stairs. They see Andy and Yuu-chan on the landing though, and (to give them privacy/space) they swiftly turn around. They wonder whether that was a confession or not...but on the way back to the classroom, notice that there are couples everywhere in the hallway.
Ayane and Chizu discuss how on trips, you always want to sightsee as a couple, it's natural. Then they turn to Sawako and call her Sawako-senpai! (cause she has a boyfriend). S: no~~~ stop~!
A: Chizu, you're not going to sightsee with Ryuu, are you? If everybody pairs off Andy and Yuu-chan, Kazehaya and Sawako, Chizu and Ryuu, then I'll end up with Joe! (teary) Chizu, you don't have plans to start going out with Ryuu, do you?
C: of course not!
Sawako is a little bummed to hear this...
A: anything new with you, Chizu?
C: lately? new...
Chizu recalls the incident at the beach with Ryuu and becomes silent.
A: did something happen?
C: No!!
A: Chizu, do you like anybody?
C: nah, I've only ever liked Tooru. but even though I liked him for so long, I feel fine about it now. When I see him, I can laugh and talk normally, and I'm glad I was able to tell him how I feel. If I hadn't told him, I might still be dragging my feelings along
A: how'd you confess to him?
C: oh you know, that I like him
A: and you, Sawako?
S: uh, that I like him...
Sawako and Chizu blush a little
C: Yanochin, when you like somebody, how do you confess?
A: oh, I don't confess
C: you stink
S: this is like Gout Temps Nouveau (a Japanese talk show)

Kento interrupts again: Ayane-chan, wanna go out with me? I'm free right now
A: no thanks
K: aww~ so quick to reject. so you don't want a boyfriend?
A: yeah, I would, but I haven't met anybody~
K: I'm glad for you, Sadako-chan! you seem so happy!!
S: Shisho! (master/mentor)

Kazehaya approaches.
Kento: Kazehaya, you're the jealous type aren't you! You're not at all sawayaka (wholesome, happy) towards me! (laughs)
K: leave me alone!
the five of them walk towards the doors together but there's a guy hiding in the shadows. He comes out and calls, "Yano-san". Everybody turns around and he says, "do you have a minute". He's a cute nice looking boy.

A: uh, yes?
guy: ok, fine, here then
S&C: here?! no way?!??!
the guy busts out with a confession ("please go out with me") right there in front of everybody.

end.
new character? boyfriend for Ayane? looking forward to some exciting happenings on their trip :D

29 comments:

  1. Oh my.thanks alot! I'd been waiting so long for this hehehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. chizu and ryuu!!!!!!!!!!!! i love them! I hope they stay together!thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, Chizu is realizing her feelings for Ryu ^.^
    I wonder what Ayane is gonna say next chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww~and I was rooting for Ayane and Kento..
    thanks for the summary :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least it isn't Joe...XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new guy's so cute! I hope he's serious about her, cos Ayane really deserves somebody who truly loves her. (cos she's helped with Sawako and Chizu so much, and all the guys she's dated so far are douches).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, and raws are out already:

    http://comic.veryim.com/manhua/zhixianggsn/ch_54.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU so much for this!!!

    I was also rooting for Ayane and Kento. But seeing as they're just "comrades", I'm looking forward for this new cute guy to win Ayane's heart! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. arigatou!!!
    me too I'm looking forward for the trip

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be great if there was a little of competing over Ayane between Kento and that new guy. But I guess it's not possible((( Anyway I really like Kento...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH SNAP that guy does have Joe's hair. Have we ever seen Joe drawn normally? is there a possibility that he looks that good?

    (hi sisyphus!^^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no way... they would've recognized him as Joe immediately. And this guy was so serious in confessing. Joe wouldn't be so serious. Does Joe ever call Ayane "Yano-san"?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, I don't know what is going on with Ayane.

    First I was hoping for Ayane and Pin. But the author made it seem like Ayane and Kento after with the whole beach thing. Now it's this guy and Ayane.

    BEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS IS A LOVE TRIANGLE BATTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yow. this is a shiisaa:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHAHAHAHA Andrew~ you you you. way to keep tabs on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohh. i'm still rooting for Pinxayane! they are such a funny couple..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be happy with whomever Ayane chooses as long as he's a better suitor than her ex-boyfriend.

    Many thanks for the translation. I am looking forward to the school trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my dear Lord... I am so glad that I found this site :) New chapter is interesting. I hope something good will be in Okinawa, maybe hot swimming pool (water... I don't know how to write it :P) Sawa and Kazehaya??? I hope so! :)
    Fan from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you very much for the summary~~~ I appreciate it a bunch.

    PinxAyane all the way~ lawl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do can read jp?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kavthar, yup I read Japanese.

    I think Ayane should get with Kento - he's understanding and gets women, while Pin is kind of a hardheaded macho guy (albeit nice, usually) imo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you~
    do you have raw in Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  23. One more thing, I don't really like the 'guy' with Ayane... I want she with Kento T^T

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Ayane should be with Pin! That would be funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am also rooting for PinXAyane <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you and love you so much for this! The blog updated with chapter 55 just today. I hope you'll translate it too. ^^

    http://178kisaragi.seesaa.net/article/185281565.html

    ReplyDelete