Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 53 summary/translation

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe so cute.
new chapter in Japanese here: http://pcrd.at.webry.info/201012/article_4.html

So continuing from the previous chapter..in Kazehaya's room
"for me it was when you first said my name"

Kazehaya stares in surprise across the table at Sawako
Sawako is thinking about that day by the flower beds when Kazehaya said her name
K: Sawako
S look up at K
K: ...Sawa...ko (blushing)
Sawako thinks to herself, "I've wanted to become a person that fits "Sawako" more than "Kuronuma", more than "Sadako"...but I think it's enough. It's enough to hear these words that are like a treasure. We're not looking at each others backs, or our profiles, but face to face...and our feelings are reciprocated"
K: ...I'm so embarrassed...I had no idea you knew...
S: ...what?
K: about the time I said you name, at the afterparty after the athletic day
S: ...what?
K: --wait? what?!...what are you talking about?
S: um, that day by the flower beds...the first time we properly spoke to each other...you said, "you're Kuronuma Sawako, right?"...
K: whaat?! I mean, yeah, I remember that, but
S: the athletic day? afterparty? my name?....Kazehaya-kun??
Kazehaya is blushing like crazy and looks away
K: ...yeah I said you name "Sawako" on the stairs at the afterparty...agh--why am I telling you this! I didn't think you had feelings for me from that long ago
S: ...me too...
K: ...Sawako
S: Sh..Shouta..kun
Sawako turns bright red and covers her face with both her hands. Kazehaya rolls on the ground
K: this is impossible...I can't study...
S: ...me neither...
Kazehaya's cell phone rings
K: oh, it's my mom
Sawako sits up very straight
K: hello? yeah...what?

Sawako and Kazehaya are walking together; Kazehaya carries a grocery bag containing ice cream. His mother had asked him to bring some refreshments to the little league practice his dad and younger brother are both at.
K: sorry, Kuronuma.
S: oh, no, no problem
K: I know we were supposed to study....
S: well, we weren't going to get much studying done anyway...
K: hahahaha yeah you're right! I think the outdoor air is doing us good
S wonders what Kazehaya-kun's dad and brother are going to be like...
S: what's your brother's name?
K: Touta! I call him Tota!
S: Tota!...does he look like you?
K: oh--yeah, he looks just like me!
S: wow! what about your dad?
K: what, my dad?! Do I look like him? ...hmm, yeah...I guess..we might be similar? ....nah, I don't think so, but Pin and mom both tell me I'm just like my dad so...
S: so you're like your dad!!
K: no, no, I'm not!
S: he's a coach right?
K: yeah
S thinks, "Kazehaya-kun when he was younger, Kazehaya-kun when he gets older"

at the field, the kids are stretching and talking about a TV special that was on the night before about ghosts
"a thin girl with looong hair wearing a white dress--"
"aww, I like girls with big boobs"
"she's holding a rustling grocery bag.."
Right then Kazehaya and Sawako arrive
"OH!!!"
Touta sees Sawako and points at her
"yeah, yeah, kind of like her!!
The other kids turn to look where he's pointing and catch sight of Kazehaya
"OOH! Ice cream!"
"It's Shouta! It's Shouta!"
Kazehaya calls over Touta ("Tota!") and introduces him ("this is my brother Touta")
Sawako thinks, "a mini Kazehaya-kun!"
S: H-hi, nice to meet you! I'm Kuronuma Sa-"
T: Is this your woman?
S thinks, "his woman!"
Kazehaya scolds him and bonks him on the head, but Touta is unphased.
T: what, she's not?
K: well, yeah, she is, but don't say it like that
S: I'm Kuronuma Sawako...nice to meet you
Touta stares at Sawako and says, "Sawako"
Kazehaya is shocked/bummed at how easily Touta reached the place that he finally just got to (calling her by her name)
T: she's like a ghost
K: HEY! Tota!
Touta runs off.
K: oh...Kuronuma, that's my dad
S thinks, "Kazehaya-kun in the future!!"
There's a guy walking toward them, very strongly built, wearing square glasses, eating ice cream
Dad: ...who are you
K: this is Kuronuma Sawako-kun, we're in the same class at school...and we're going out!!
D: ...going out?! I asked her anyway, why are you butting in
K: why'd you have to say it like that!
S: ...uh, ummm, pardon the delay but can I introduce myself~~?
D: ...go ahead!
apparently she goes on some long monologue here, that the blogger left out
D: that's enough
Kazehaya dad holds out the bag containing the ice cream
D: Sawako, what do you want to eat
S: oh, well then, the soda flavored...
D: what are you saying, eat the manjuu ice cream, it's good!!

Kazehaya and Sawako stand outside the field and watch the practice.
S: your dad is very much a "dad"....but different from my dad...he's very serious
K: serious?! yeah...I guess you could say that...I just think he's a old fart
D: who you calling an old fart?! What are you two talking about!
S: wah--
D: bring up those knees!
S looks and finds that he's yelling at some of the kids
S: oh...he's just shouting at the kids...
K: I bet he shouted that on purpose
K stares at the pavement and says, "I think they liked you, Kuronuma...Sawako"
Sawako looks at him in surprise at hearing him say her name
K: my mom, Tota, my dad, Maru, my whole family
S: wahhh!!! (feeling overwhelmed)


this chapter seemed kind of short. maybe this blogger is a little less descriptive that the other blog I usually translate, but it gets the idea across. Kazehaya's going to start calling her "Sawako"!!! so cute so cute. leave a comment and let me know what you guys think of this chapter!

16 comments:

  1. thank you thank youuuuuuuuuu they are too sweet kind and cute *.*
    Kazehaya <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow, I was expecting more reaction from Kazehaya after he finds out that Sawako has loved him since the very beginning. But he calling Sawako by her name is cute too, I guess ^^
    Yah, the chapter's too short this month! Not enough to compensate the lack of intimate (as in, kissing XD) scenes!
    It's okay... cuteness is alright... for now >_<

    Thanks so much for the summary, early as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I fell out of this manga for a while but now I can't get enough of their adorable moments!!XDXD

    Thanks so much for the translations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Chapter 53 is already out? I thought the magazine (Betsuma) is going to be released tomorrow, as in the 13th of each month :/

    Anyway, thank you for the summaries. Much appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This chapter was so cute! When is the next chapter out?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ xoxosc.6
    Each chapter usually gets released on the 13th of each month. Hope that's helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are Chinese scans available here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=954174452

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks alot for the summary, i always look forward to read them! here are chinese scans as well :P http://www.imanhua.com/comic/342/list_50831.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. extremely cute >< !!!
    i really love how the story is going
    thanks a lots for the summary

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the summary!
    happy holidays from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,

    That was so adorable. Thank you so much for the translation. hehehe... awwww *Squee* ^//^

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is quite a surprise. I actually thought that the next chapter would be in January. :) Thank you very much for the translation. Looks like things are steadily moving along. I've been patiently waiting for Kazehaya to begin calling her Sawako since he's done it a few times though most times not to her face. :) So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By the way guys, don't forget that the second season of Kimi Ni Todoke starts in January. I'm quite excited about it although I never expected a second season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the summary...when will chapter 54 be posted, I can't wait..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Misa,as long as a chapter is released, I can usually find a Japanese summary online within a day of publication (the 11th or 12th of every month) and I try to get an English translation of the Japanese summary up within the day. I'm excited for chapter 54 too, although I have a feelings the author might skip to a different story line now that she's given us enough Kazehaya-Sawako lovey doveyness. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sisyphus...Even I have a feeling that the author might skip the romance parts btw sawaXkaze but on a whole this is a wonderful manga and Thank you so much for the translations..keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete