Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 52 summary/translation

 super adorable chapter ahead, translated as usual from this blog: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/2bottles/e/c7dc9e13626f907780cb766f0eb24c9a

EDIT: chinese scans here http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=934359414 courtesy of Tati.

It's August, summer classes are over, it's almost obon season, and there's not much of summer left.
Sawako is going to Kazehaya's house today.
He arrives with Maru (the dog) to pick her up and Maru jumps on her, causing Sawako to fall over. But she's happy and says, "Long time no see~~gotten so big...you remember me?!" Kazehaya laughs and apologizes.
Kazehaya had invited her over on the pretense of working on their summer homework together but asks, "come to think of it, Kuronuma, you've probably already finished the homework, haven't you?" Sawako has indeed finished the hw, but tells Kazehaya that she has other things she can study. "Plus....I kind of just wanted to see Kazehaya kun's house!" Kazehaya blushes, smiles, and responds, "I'll do all the work myself, but maybe I'll ask you some questions when I get stuck. " S: "if I can be of help!"
Sawako wonders to herself how Kazehaya's house will be and whether his family members will be present since it is the weekend, but she's too nervous to ask Kazehaya. But she finally asks, "um...how do I look today?" Kazehaya is taken by surprise, but answers with gusto, "what!! You look really cute!" (bright red). "I mean!! uhhh....!!!" Sawako blushes too, but clarifies, "I mean...do I look proper, is what I'm wearing ok?" K: "ohhh that's what you mean?" Kazehaya realizing what Sawako meant crouches down with embarrassment.
K: K-Kuronuma, you always look fine...
S: oh, unexpected compliments...thank you
K: I'm just being honest...
today Sawako is wearing a white dress and carrying a canvas tote bag.
They keep walking and Sawako wonders if there's a chance nobody will be home and it'll just be the two of them. That would be another nerve-racking scenario!
She thinks, "I wonder what Kazehaya-kun's family is like. I hope I look ok...and will I be able to greet them properly? I hope I smile and give off a good, cheerful impression...oh my, not only am I setting my sights on a very tall mountain (meaning she has high hopes), I seem to be attempting to climb a completely different mountain"
She looks far into the distance at the Chizuru mountain. (this means she feels like she's trying to be like Chizuru - cheerful, happy, smiling a lot)
S: I just hope I don't cause them any discomfort.

Kazehaya leads Sawako into the Window Sports shop.
K: I'm home--!
S: Kazehaya-kun, your family runs a store?! I had no idea!!
K: oh, seriously? I didn't tell you that?!
S: wow--there's still so much I don't know!!

Kazehaya's mom: onii-chan!! (big brother) The glass is a little dirty right there, can you wipe it!
Kazehaya wipes the glass.
K: oh, sorry Kuronuma! my mom is so rough
M: who you calling rought!
but she finally realizes who is there.
M: oh!! are you Sawako-chan?! You must be Kuronuma Sawako chan!! Good for you to come! I've heard a lot about you! I am Shouta's mom
His mom is plump and seems very nice. She smiles at Sawako and Sawako thinks to herself how similar Kazehaya is to his mother. Sawako thinks, "she has the same aura/air about her as Kazehaya-kun. So this person is his mother"
Sawako is lost in her thoughts, and realizes she hasn't properly greeted the mother. She anxiously bows deeply and says, "I am Kuronuma. Pleased to meet you!!" and then realizes midbow that she forgot to smile, and freezes in the position. Kazehaya's mom laughs and pats her on the shoulder, telling her why so formal?
M: Sawako-chan, your hair!
Sawako thinks, oh I should've tied it back!
M: your hair is so beautiful. So shiny and black! How nice it is to have long hair! Girls are so fun, I really wish I had a daughter!
K: sorry
Her easy smile and kind words really reinforce for Sawako that this woman is Kazehaya's mother.
S: um, these are youkans (a traditional sweet snack) that I often eat with my family
M: oh, youkan!! wow thank you! You really didn't have to- you could've come empty handed!!
K: she's putting on airs right now, but she's actually really giddy with excitement because she loves youkan
M: oh hey!! why are you giving me away!
M: I'm sorry about my son   K: I'm sorry about my mother!
They both say and Sawako breaks out into a big smile
Kazehaya's mom urges them to go on up and not dawdle in such a place (the store). Kazehaya takes the boxes his mother is carrying and moves them for her (what a sweet son). Sawako seeing this thinks, "so this is how Kazehaya-kun was raised, and has shaped him into the person he is now"

K: sorry about that
S: what, oh no no, not at all, I'm happy to be introduced to your mom!
K: good~!! that's a relief.
S: were you nervous?
K: yeah of course I was! I don't want you to think badly of me!
S: come to think of it, you've been apologizing a lot today...
K: wow, you're right. my nervousness must be creeping out!
S: I think when you were at my house I was apologizing a lot too!
K: yeah, you're right!

Before entering the house, Sawako greets Maru-chan (the dog). And Maru-chan begrudgingly thinks to himself, "I remember you, you must be you know, Shouta's you know...oh well" and doesn't growl at Sawako anymore when she pets him. They walk into the house.
S: where are your father and brother today?
K: they're at baseball
S: i see. He's in little league right!...your mother is very energetic! I bet if she were our age and she were in our class, I'd want to be friends with her.
K: that's a killer compliment
S: what!
K: come on in! (he leads her to his room)
The room looks neat, but Kazehaya's mom had let slip that it's often much messier.
Kazehaya tells Sawako to look around at whatever she wants and leaves her to go get some refreshments.
S thinks, "wow so this is Kazehaya kun's room--and this where he spends his time..."
She wants to look at his things, but holds back thinking she should look without permission (even though he just gave it to her).
Kazehaya returns and is surprised to see Sawako still standing.
S: um...I looked a little..at your books and your cds...
K: if i didn't want you to see, I wouldn't have invited you. Is there something in particular you want to see?
he brings out a box of photos
K: i haven't sorted these at all
S: no, no, it's, it's ok. I mean, is it ok?! (for me to look)
K: well, I'm a little embarrassed
S: ok, then just a little!
They come across a photo from the cemetary/shrine kimodameshi (testing one's courage) they did their first year summer.
S: Is this from the kimodameshi?!
K: oh yeah, you're right! wow, it's been so long--
S: so this what the underworld was like! that was fun! I'd never felt so fulfilled before...!!
K: the underworld?
S: oh, you know, I bet if we did it again, I would be even better at scaring everybody. Next time...
K: what, no! next time, we're going to walk through together!
S: I'm going to be on the walking through side?
K: yeah!
S: together?!
K: ...you don't want to?
S:....no....I do....that makes me happy...
Sawako tears up a little.
S: ...hehe, sorry....I don't know what's come over me...hehe
Kazehaya gazes at her profile and softly says, "....I'd already fallen for you by then"
Sawako looks at Kazehaya, who's looking down now and says, "...what---why, what....you didn't seem that way at all...I mean even now...oh!! i mean, nothing, nevermind, you don't have to tell me why"
Kazehaya smiles and responds, "I like a girl who looks like she's enjoying herself."
S: I--I look like I'm enjoying myself?
K: yeah, you always look like you're having fun
They stare into each other's eyes silently, their faces pretty close (about 30cm apart)
Kazehaya abruptly gets up, his face bright red. "This distance is trouble!...Let's study!"
They sit across the table from each other and Sawako thinks to herself that back when she first entered high school, she never would've imagined that she'd be so close to Kazehaya kun.
S: for me....when you first said my name, "Sawako" that's when I fell for you
Sawako is blushing and looking down, but slowly raises her head and locks eyes with Kazehaya...
END


wow wow, way to go you two. seems like there's some serious progress here.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch for the early translation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah!! thanks soo much for your summary!
    they are so good! thanks for your time and hopefully next chapter they get to kiss! lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, here are the scans of this chapter! *-*
    Visit: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=934359414

    TOTALY LOVE IT! *--------------*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many, many thanks for your translation. I agree that this nice progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everybody's enjoying the translation! Tati - thanks for the chinese scans :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sooo much!
    Kimi ni todoke is getting better! :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sawako, I'm so proud of you!!! >_<
    Now, please, don't be too shocked when, in the next chapter, Kazehaya jumps over the table to kiss you XD

    Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you didn't stop summarizing KNT ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute chapter !!!
    i can't wait for their very first k ^^
    love u the most ^0^

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear Sawako and Shouta-kun,

    I really, really like you!

    Kimi ni Todoke's getting better! Thank you for the early transalations! <3 You're a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  10. can't wait to see its manga >////<
    this chapter is soooo cute!!!
    i can't help myself reading it. haha!
    kazehaya and sawako are getting better. hope there's many more sweetness to come. thank you for the translation. like.like.like :D

    ReplyDelete