Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 51 summary/translation

Again, here is a translation of chapter 51, this time taken from this blog: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/2bottles/e/dd8e010e2e1ad72e93eba2f1587ea056. No images, unfortunately, but it's a super cute chapter and I can't wait to see raws!

EDIT: Rayweny kindly forwarded me raws...http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=912326315 (Chinese)

It's summer vacation, hence summer classes...
Ever since the festival, Sawako is more comfortable with her classmates and is able to smoothly greet them, which makes her very happy.
When she sees Kazehaya, they both blush and greet each other, "good morning"
He asks her if the seat beside her is open, and sits down. Girls from other classes peek into their classroom and see the two of them together and whisper, "so they really are dating". Ayane overhears them and thinks to herself, "Sawako, they think you look like boyfriend and girlfriend!"
Kazehaya is done for the day because he's not taking the Modern Civilizations class, but Ayane and Sawako are, so they have one more class to go.

Ayane: so what's up, Kazehaya? are you going home now?
K: uh....no, actually. ...UH!
but Kazehaya is interrupted by Chizu bounding into the classroom and groaning "I'm sick of all this!" with a very gloomy face. Kento cheerily says, "hey, it's Chizu! what's with the long face?" Chizu is sick of the daily summer classes and shouts, "I'm sick of it!! Let's have some fun, Yano-chin and Sawako!!"
A: jeez, what's this all about. Where's Ryuu?!
C: He's at practice! It's summer and we haven't done a single summer-ish thing!
A: yeah right. You eat Garigari kun (note: an ice cream bar) 5 times a day!! I've seen you eating to AND from school
C: big whoop, you can eat those in the winter too!
A: that's a lie! You eat meat buns everyday during the winter!!
Ayane cooly counters Chizu, while Sawako nods her support of Chizu with tears in her eyes.
Kento speaks up: how about we go to the beach?
C: the beach?!
Kento: Tsuru is working there right now
A: I'm not going to the beach. I'll get sun tan.
C: I wanna go! I'll go, I'll go!!
Kento: then do you wanna head over there today after classes are done? Chizu, you're all done for the day right?
A: huh?! I'm NOT going!! you two go!!
C: why would I go alone with Kento?! The beach is fun when you go with a lot of people!! waaah
Sawako slowly raises her hand and offers, "ummm....I...I'd like to go~..."
Kazehaya looks at Sawako's blushing face with surprise.
C: nice! yeah, let's go, the three of us!!
Kazehaya hurriedly jumps out of his seat and says, "I- I want to go too!"
C: haha, ok ok, you should've said so earlier. fine you can come too!
A: all of a sudden you're so high-and-mighty. fine~~, I'll go too if Sawako's going
on the side, Kento teases Kazehaya (whisper), "you couldn't just sit idly by if your girlfriend's going, hehe"
K: shut up! (blush)

At the beach, Chizu is the only one in a bathing suit, all set to swim. Sawako muses that she should've brought her bathing suit, to which Kento asks what kind of bathing suit? Kazehaya cuts him off.
This beach is usually quite touristy, and not a lot of locals frequent it. But apparently Chizu and Ryuu swim here every summer.

Ayane sees Sawako walking barefoot by the water and recalls the conversation with her:
C: oh, so you tried to change the way you wear your uniform!
S: yeah, but it didn't work out so well, so I stopped


A: Wait up, Sawako. You're going to be in the water right? You're going to get wet, come here!!
Ayane adjusts Sawako's uniform, tucking in her shirt, hiking up the skirt 10cm above the knee, un-fastening the top button of her shirt, and loosening her bowtie. This time, Sawako looks more natural.
A: don't worry, you look fine
Sawako, surprised, thinks "wow, the skirt is a lot shorter than I thought. Jyoshikousei (female high schools students) are amazing"
Kento: ooh--you look nice, Sadako-cha--n
Ayane says to Kazehaya, "why don't you say something"
K: ........I'm embarrassed
A: I don't care how YOU feel. Don't you have anything else to say?!
S: uh... uh...
As Kazehaya walks by Sawako, he whispers, "you look cute"
Sawako screams in her head, "wow--the magic of summer!"
Ayane and Chizu tease Kazehaya, "go find some shells and dig in the sand. go on~~~go splash in the water~~!!"
Sawako turns to them and gives them a thumbs up before running to join Kazehaya.
Ayane thinks that it had felt like a elementary student's summer, thanks to Chizu, but now it's more like the sweet summer of adolescence. Kento walks away to buy something cool to eat/drink, but then some guys approach to hit on Ayane telling her she's pretty and has a nice body. The guys say, "Let's play. We'll treat you some yakiniku!!"
C: sure
Ayane thinks, crap, she's being won over with food.
C: as long as you can beat me! (initiates arm wrestling match)
C: but if I beat you, you have to treat me some yakisoba, okk?
Ayane thinks Chizu just wants yakisoba, and that she's such an elementary schooler.

Sawako and Kazehaya are building a sand castle.
K: Kuronuma, you wanted to go to the beach?
S: no, it's just...when we came to the beach after the festival...i just thought coming here with the whole class was fun and kind of like the typical high school experience...
When Sawako came to the beach as an elementary schooler, she was like the ghost of a drowned body...
Kazehaya smiles, seeing Sawako look so happy
K: ...I was actually going to invite you over my house today but..
S: what?! oh yeah! you were in the middle of saying something...ohhhh nooo!!!
K: it's ok! I love seeing you look so happy
Sawako blushes and looks at Kazehaya, and Kazehaya realizing what he just said says, "oh no, I mean.............yeah" and nods. Sawako blushes some more and her heart is clenched.
S: how many people in your family?
K: there's me, my brother, and my mom and dad. and Maru!
S: do they like sweet things?
K: We like anything! oh but, are you thinking about when you come over? Don't worry about it, you don't have to bring anything!
S: ok
Sawako then asks Kazehaya what he talked about with her dad when he came over. Kazehaya laughs and answers, "he told me as a baby you would groan a lot. If you were unhappy about something, when you were 1 years old, you would just groan" Sawako's dad happily talked of Sawako to Kazehaya, although he left out that she would groan when she wanted him to kiss her on the cheek. Sawako's dad warned Kazehaya that although Sawako is not very forthcoming with her emotions, she groans when she's unhappy about something, so watch out!
Suddenly Sawako groans "uuuuuuuuu...." and Kazehaya is anxious. She quickly reassures him that she's just joking. Kazehaya laughs, "a joke? Kuronuma joking...?"
Then looking up at Sawako, he smiles. Sawako, blushing, stares into his eyes.
Kazehaya gets up, brushes sand off, and holds his hand out to Sawako. Sawako takes his hand and gets up too.
K: do you want to put our feet in the water?
S: ...sure
and they walk to the water holding hands.

Meanwhile Chizu is repeatedly winning arm wrestling matches, continually adding more food prizes to her growing pile. Kento laughs, "Chizu has so much energy"
A: so you're already calling her Chizu, huh
Kento: yup! Ayane <3
he has treated her a soft serve ice cream.
A: ....yeah...whatever...
K: guys out of principle need to call girls by their first names!
A: what the heck. but you still call Sawako "Sadako"...(Ayane comes to a realization...)
Kento looks into the distance with a small smile. Ayane follows his gaze and sees Kazehaya and Sawako holding hands at the end of it--
A: .....good thing they got together before you fell for her, huh
K: ...what?
A: ....is it on purpose? calling her "Sadako"
Kento halts for a second but smiles again. "haha, yeah for a lot of reasons--but don't worry, it's always with love"
A: well yeah, of course
silence.
K: don't worry, it's not like that
A: ....yeah
silence.
K: ...yeah...can you lend me a shoulder...
A: ...sure
Kento leans his head on Ayane's shoulder, and Ayane pats his head, saying "there there" and Kento laughs.

The baseball team arrives at the beach for a 20 minute break.
Ryuu overhears, "that girl is crazy!! she's already beat 10 guys. There can't be anybody left to challenge her"
Ryuu sees that it's Chizuru and asks, "...what are you doing"
C: wah! Ryuu! oh yeah, I was just trying to get some free food from these nampa (nampa = hitting on) guys but it's turned into a arm-wrestling tournament!!"
R: nampa?
C: I told them I'd hang out with them if they could beat me, but they'd have to treat me if I won!
R: hmm...
Ryuu sits across from Chizuru, holds out his hand and says, "k". Ryuu easily beat Chizu.
Ryuu says "I win" and gets up.
C: what, are you after my yakisoba?!
R: 20 minutes
Ryuu grabs her hand and looks into her eyes. "you're mine right?"
Chizu is being dragged away and says with surprise, "Ryuu?!" Everybody around them roars, "oooooooh"
C: just to let you know, I wrestled with 10 guys before you showed up. That's why I lost, you know!
R: mm
C: hey...Ryuu...RYUU
Chizu is out of breath and thinks to herself that it's been a while since she saw Ryuu
When Ryuu turns back to her, she asks, "what about practice"
R: we have a 20 minute break
C: I'm asking how it's going!
R: I'm working hart. What about you? how are summer classes?
C: my head's about to explode!
Chizuru thinks, "why are we still holding hands. weird"
R: you studied harder for the entrance exam
C: well yeah, since I really wanted to get in
R: ...even though big brother had already graduated and wasn't even there?
C: HUH?! why do you think I tested for Kitaboro?!
R: huh? cause it's big brother's alma mater, right
C: cause you're going, duh
Chizuru blushes a little, but doesn't look away
C: think about it. what if we went to different schools, and your  baseball team played my school in the tournament? Am I supposed to cheer for my school? I didn't want that to happen! I always want to be rooting for you!! I want to cheer for you the most!!
R: ...Chizuru
C: what, stop looking at me! idiot! idiot! (blushing furiously)
R: ...thanks (also maybe slightly blushing?)
Ryuu turns away and starts walking, never letting Chizu's hand go
Chizuru thinks, "...what is this? he wanted to spend his 20 minute break with me? we're always hanging out. or did he just want to wrestle? ...weird"

Pin looks around, eating the soft serve and Tsuru made for him. He sees Kento leaning on Ayane's shoulder on a bench, Kazehaya and Sawako looking happy by the water, Ryuu and Chizu holding hands and walking on the beach. Pin thinks, "hah, kids...this is summer! I'll kill Ryuu if he's late, even by a second"
Tsuru warns Pin, Sensei, don't drop it--, but of course Pin does and scolds, "it's your fault for distracting me! Make me another one!!"

"...summer is slowly bringing out everybody's emotions" end.

very cute. I'm glad to see Kazehaya and Sawako becoming more comfortable with each other. I really really like Ryuu - he's so sweet to Chizu. FYI, v12 (raw) is available at Michex and it contains up to c50!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for translating the summary!
    This chapter was so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for this summary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayane to Kento *0*

    Thank's for summary, because I don't understand Chenese xDDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute chapter ><
    big THANKS to you for awesome summary !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooowwwwww <3

    this is sooooooooooo cute
    finally some ryuu x chizu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arigatou !!!!! Soy mujer me meti a esta cuanta por equibocacion

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo cute! Thanks so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the translation! Very nice chapter! But I kinda don't get one thing. It seemed that there were sort of hints saying that Ayane would eventually like Pin. And now it seems that there's something's going on with Kento. I actually like Kento, but anyway... Am I the only one who thought that about Pin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, i think it's gonna be a little weird Ayane dating Pin, because, you know, he's a professor, e he's more older than her. It's more easier she dating Keito, because he is a teenager too. Of course i prefer that she date Pin, i think they really match, but it's gonna be so wrong if she date him... Whatever, i really liked this chapter, Kimi Ni todoke is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this manga and the anime!!!!(mostly the manga though, only becuase it's longer than the anime)thank you for the translation!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i liked the couple ayane and pin ,
    i hate it wen guy like kento interferes.he already did like this for sawako and kazehaya,
    next i think he wil break chizu and ryu

    ReplyDelete