Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kimi ni Todoke chapter 50 summary/translation

I've translated into English a summary of ch50 from this blog http://178kisaragi.seesaa.net/article/162283166.html

If I close my eyes, the first person I think of is Kazehaya kun
Before I close my eyes, the last person I think of is the person I want to tell today's events to

On the way to school, Sawako tells Ayane and Chizu about Kazehaya kun coming over her house, and how he met her parents and ate dinner. The two girls were pretty surprised and sympathized with Sawako's dad ("poor dad", "Did he want to die?") and asked if Kazehaya was nervous. Sawako replies, yes he was nervous but so was she. Chizu asks if they went to her room, and Sawako replies "yes!!". The two girls are grinning and ask if they held hands, and Sawako tells them "yup!!"  To which they respond with many more questions; "you did? where? how?"


S: well...on the way home from school, we tried to hold hands and kind of messed up...
Messed up?! Oh, Kazehaya!!
S: no, actually it was me...
Sawako, you tried to hold his hand?!
S: yes, I couldn't hold myself back...but in the end we did hold hands!
whoa, you shouldn't say that line to Kazehaya (the part about holding herself back, cause he'd faint with happiness)
wow, Sawako, you've changed. I wonder if it's because of the heat.
Sawako feels really embarrassed and reflects to herself how she never would've thought there'd come a day when she divulging secrets like this to girlfriends and engaging in girl talk. And these are things she could never tell her parents!
The conversation changes when Sawako asks Ayane and Chizu if they've always been so close. The two respond that in the beginning Ayane thought Chizu seemed dumb and Chizu thought Ayane seemed arrogant.
going back in time to the first day of high school...
Ryuu and Chizu are chatting with other classmates when Chizu accidentally bumps into Ayane.
C: whoops, upperclassman? whoa, sorrrrryyy
A: be careful. (kind of with a glare)
both think to themselves that they wouldn't get along with each other.
Later that night, Kazehaya, Chizu and Ryuu are hanging out in Ryuu's room and talking about their new classmates.
anybody else in our class you were glad to see?
Kazehaya blushes a little and smiles (thinking about Sawako)
Chizu tells the other two about that Ayane girl and how all she said was "be careful" when Chizu apologized for bumping into her. Kazehaya and Ryuu tell her that was deserved, because Chizu doesn't apologize very sincerely. Chizu is surprised.
The next day Chizu asks Ayane, "I properly apologized to you, right?" and Ayane realizes that Chizu didn't have any bad intentions or feelings the previous day.
C: good, ok, well let's get along now. shake hands!
Ayane thinks this is a little funny - nobody's ever asked her to shake hands before - but shakes Chizu's hand....which then turns into an arm wrestling match. Chizu is too strong though, and Ayane challenges her repeatedly
The next morning, Ayane and Chizu greet each other shyly. From behind them, Sawako creepily greets them, "good morning~~~" and the two comment to each other, "wah...who was that??"
In class, Ayane and another classmate discuss how Sanada (Ryuu) and Chizu are really close. classmate: he's not her boyfriend. They've just been friends since they were kids. He has a really hard time remembering people's names.
Super cute Kurumi arrives on the scene and Ryuu can't remember her name despite having been in her class until last month. Ryuu: "uhh...Dongurizawa" Kurumi: "no, it's Kurumizawa!!!" Ayane is surprised that he can't even remember such a cute girl's name.
After school, Ayane is invited to Karaoke but she already has plans and turns them down. She heads back to the classroom, where the guys are discussing cute girls in their class, and Ayane isn't comfortable entering the room. The guys start discussing her: doesn't Yano seem erotic? yeah! doesn't she have big boobs? oh yeah! totally erotic!
Then Ayane hears Chizu's voice, "I'm more erotic!"
Ryuu comes up to Ayane and says "Yano"; Ayane is surprised that he knows her name and Ryuu says, "oh yeah, Chizuru comes over every day and is always saying Yano this, Yano that." Ayane asks, "Is she always complaining about me?" and Ryuu tells her, "sometimes she complains, but she always seems excited. I don't think I've heard her say a girl's name so often." Ayane is surprised.
In gym class, the girls have to do a long-distance run, and Ayane and Chizu race. As she runs, Ayane recalls the conversation about girls the guys were having. She wonders if Chizu was trying to protect Ayane or just goofing around with the guys, either way, Chizu's interjection made her happy.
C: your competitive side is at odds with how you're a lonely wolf
A: I'm just shy!!
C: whaatt? you don't look shy!
A: it has nothing to do with how I look!
Sawako then speeds by, and the two girls laugh out loud together.
A: Thanks for earlier. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry about it. I don't really get along with girls very easily. When there are no problems, then it's fine...but girls always get into tiffs about guys, and they accuse me of being cold and boy crazy and all kinds of nonsense
C: you, cold?! yeah right, you're totally the opposite! I'm sick of girl cliques and the annoying crap that they involve. I think to other girls, I'm just like a guy friend anyway. But I like talking with you! and hanging out with you is fun!
A: Thanks! I'm having fun too!

Back to the present..
S: I see~~Even you two had to start out from somewhere
A: Basically we're both like outlaws. It's too bad right? If we were a guy and a girl, we'd be dating right about now
S: So there were misunderstandings between you two too..
C: you mean like, she's arrogant, I seem stupid?
A:....not exactly a misunderstanding....
C: you're so mean! Yanochin! You're such a sadist!!
A: I'm just being honest
S: aww, you guys are so close. I'm envious~~

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!!! It's so hard to get spoilers on KNT lately, so thank you a thousand times for this!
    Chizu and Ayane's story is so cute :)
    Can't wait to see more from Sawako and Kazehaya. I'm addicted to this lovely couple <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, Freesiane! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think I'll keep posting translations as new chapters come out, so come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your summary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I absolutely love it
    This series is so cute and sweet <3 <3 <3
    Cant wait for follow ups!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete